Learn the basics of decorating cakes with butter cream icing. We will cover such things as the proper way to ice a cake and smooth or texture it. You will also learn how to use specific decorating tips, make borders and simple flowers, mix colors, as well as writing.
Please bring to the first class (available for purchase at Walmart or Michaels):
- Wilton Starter Decorating Tip Set
- Package of 4 couplers
- Starter box of 4 Wilton colors
- 1 pkg. 16" Wilton disposable decorating bags
- 6" blade metal spatula
- Wax paper
- Plastic cling wrap
- 1 roll Viva Paper Towels
- Dish towel/cloth
- 2 serving spoons
- 4 stirring (tablespoons) spoons
- Gallon-size plastic storage bag
- 4 small (1-2 cup size) airtight containers
- One batch of icing recipe below in airtight container
We will discuss other possible items to bring to remaining classes.
- 1-2 lb. bag powdered sugar
- 1 cup Crisco vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 tsps. vanilla or almond flavoring, to taste
Beat until creamy and store in airtight container.