Whether you are wanting to fix broken things around the house, develop a new job skill, or learn a new craft, certified professional welder Jason Jones will show you the basics of welding and fabrication. This hands-on course is designed for the beginner or novice welder.
You will be introduced to a variety of welding and fabrication techniques, including:
- How to safely light, set and use an oxygen/acetylene torch
- How to set and operate a plasma cutter
- How to determine welding rods and settings for stick welding
- How to set and properly use a mig welder
- Basic fabrication tips and tricks
- How to read and understand a tape measure
Safety glasses and specialty personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided.
Students should bring the following to each class:
- Leather gloves
- Long-sleeved cotton shirt
- Leather/work boots
- Welding hood, if you prefer one
Your project and materials needed will be decided with your instructor after the course begins.